Friday, December 28, 2012

Favorite Quotes

It's often a quote that inspires a short story or creates a character. Here are some of my favorite quotes- Enjoy!

   'One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.' Lucille Ball

   'I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.' Anne Frank

   'I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back.' Abraham Lincoln

   'Most folks are about as happy as the make up their minds to be.' Abraham Lincoln

   'Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life, I find.'
John F. Kennedy

   'The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.' Saint Augustine of Hippo

   'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindness.' Mark Twain

   'The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it.' Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment