Monday, October 6, 2014

Maggie's Thought for the Week: Everyone Needs a Buddy

Maggie had many dog friends whom she visited in the neighborhood. She anxiously awaited her four-legged neighbors during the summer and fall evenings. However, she had one special buddy.

Her special buddy was me. Maggie knew I would protect, feed, and love her. We walked together, played together and survived thunderstorms together. She waited patiently on Saturday mornings while I completed writing assignments; knowing a hike somewhere was her reward. Sunday was a day of togetherness and a special meal; lamb chops were always well received!

Everyone needs a buddy in life; whether it's human or animal. We all need to feel valued, loved, understood and safe. Sometimes, with all the technology in our world, we forget the importance of being with someone & building a relationship. The sincerity one feels in a loved one's look or smile while being together, can never be replaced via an Instagram or Face Book message.

Maggie was my special buddy, too. I knew she would protect me and love me; even after a long day at work away from her. She was my body guard and confidant. Maggie knew my schedule, my mannerisms, and my expectations.We were best buds.

A buddy who never let me down. That was my Maggie.

Lucky me.







No comments:

Post a Comment