Saturday, June 22, 2013

Are Summer Picnics Extinct?

    For some lucky souls (like myself), summer vacation is two months or so- depending on your school district. I already have made a list of house projects and setting aside time to write and complete my next book. During the past few weeks, I listened to others discuss their plans (children too!) and not one mentioned going on a picnic.
    
     Are summer picnics extinct? Are we so busy planning the 'big vacations', we forget the importance of life's little pleasures. That's right, I said it- picnics are an important, little pleasure. Think about it....once you arrive at your destination, with picnic basket in hand, there is nothing left to do but eat, relax and talk. In a world where so many of us eat while driving, at our desk or in a meeting- it would seem to be a luxury to just eat-relax-enjoy the people with you.

     Is there a national picnic day? I guess I'll have to add that to my summer to-do list!

2 comments:

  1. Mike and I are committed to going on a picnic this year. We received a lovely picnic basket as a wedding gift and have never used it!

    ReplyDelete