Monday, August 4, 2014

Maggie's Thought for the Week: Shake It Off


Have you ever met someone filled with hatred or jealousy? Have you ever been deceived by someone you thought was trustworthy? Was your day constantly interrupted with thoughts about this person's actions? Did you surrender your own precious life moments to contemplate why evil people exist?

SHAKE IT OFF!  That's right, just shake it off. I have watched Maggie battle with some big dogs as they walked by our yard. She would bark back, but then once she made her presence known, she would shake her body and walk away. Other times, I would take her for a walk and she would nudge me to take a different trail. I would say no and command her to come with me. She would shake her body, and walk the trail I selected.

After every 'shake off', Maggie would move on to the next adventure of her day; sometimes a rabbit, sometimes a nap. Her actions taught me not to worry about past events that didn't go my way, or people who need to create chaos to avoid the appearance of their own insecurities. There is always something better waiting for you, so don't waste time on wasteful people. Shake it off and move on.

 “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”  – Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment