Tuesday, August 26, 2014

When It's Family... You Hear Voices In Your Head





As an adult, I like to think I make my own decisions and create my own destiny. However, the voices in my head tell me I am wrong.

No, I am not crazy and I am not a science-fiction writer. I hear voices in my head. I'm sure other sane people do, too.  In fact, I know they do, and can prove it. The other day, I was in the grocery store and a lady was ready to order a pound of a particular lunch meat. Then, she changed her mind and said, 'I can hear my mother screaming from Heaven- TOO MUCH SALT!'  Another time, a plumber was fixing my kitchen sink and he grabbed a tool. Then, he exchanged the tool for another in his box and said, 'Yes Dad, I know, this one will make a better grip.' He noticed me looking at him from my kitchen table. I just smiled and said, 'Relax, I hear voices, too.'

Have you ever been in a stressful situation and your grandfather's words of wisdom just 'pop' into your head?   While driving up hill on a snowy road, you hear your father's voice, 'Keep the pace, don't break.'  Your late grandmother constantly sending messages to remind you- 'kids don't need things, they need structure.' 

Our loved ones never stop reminding us how much we are loved, even after their death. The commitment to share their kindness & grace, and live a good life, is our thank you to them. Although some loved one's leave us sooner than expected; their thoughts to you will always be just a whisper away.


No comments:

Post a Comment